Zen Apparel is committed to protecting the privacy and security of your personal information. This policy explains how we will collect, store and use any personal information about you so please read the following carefully.
DATA PROTECTION PRINCIPLES
For the purposes of this policy data protection law means: (i) until 25 May 2018 the Data Protection Act 1998 and then (ii) from 25 May 2018 and unless and until it is is no longer directly applicable in the UK, the General Data Protection Regulation ((EU) 2016/679) (GDPR) and any national implementing laws, regulations and secondary legislation, as amended or updated from time to time, in the UK and then (iii) any successor legislation to the GDPR or the Data Protection Act 1998.
We will comply with data protection law. Personal information we hold about you will be:
- Used lawfully, fairly and in a transparent way.
- Collected only for valid purposes that we have clearly explained to you and not used in any way that is incompatible with those purposes.
- Relevant to the purposes we have told you about and limited only to those purposes.
- Accurate and kept up to date.
- Kept only as long as necessary for the purposes we have told you about.
- Kept securely.
THE KIND OF INFORMATION WE HOLD ABOUT YOU
Personal data, or personal information, means any information about an individual from which that person can be identified. It does not include data where the identity has been removed (anonymous data). There are "special categories" of more sensitive personal data which require a higher level of protection.
We may collect, store and use the following information about you:
- Information you give us. You may give us information when you contact us, register to use our site at www.zenapparel.co.uk, place an order, provide feedback participate in social media, enter a competition, promotion or survey, and when you report a problem. This may include your name, address, e-mail address and phone number, financial and credit card information, personal description.
- Information we collect about you. When you visit our site we may automatically collect the following information:
- technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, and browser information;
- information about your visit to the site including traffic data, location data, web logs and other communication data,.
- Information we receive from other sources. We may receive information about you from third parties (including business partners providing technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks and analytics).
HOW WILL WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
We use your information:
- to process your orders and manage your account
- to communicate with you about our products and promotions;
- to monitor purchase history, site use and traffic patterns to improve our site design and products .
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our site.
- to personalise your repeat visits to our site
- to contact you about leaving a review once your order has been completed
- to verify your identity;
- to enable third parties to carry out technical, logistical or other functions on our behalf.
- to prevent and detect fraud or abuses of our site.
- where we have a legal right or duty to use or disclose your information (for example in relation to an investigation by a public authority or in a legal dispute).
SHARING DATA WITH THIRD PARTIES
We do not transfer your information to anyone for marketing purposes without your consent. However, it may be necessary for us to share your personal information with third parties in the following circumstances:
OUR SERVICE PROVIDERS AND SUPPLIERS
- In order to make certain services available to you, we may need to share your personal information with some of our service partners. These include IT, delivery and marketing service providers.
- We only allow our service providers to handle your personal data when we have confirmed that they apply appropriate data protection and security controls. We also impose contractual obligations on service providers relating to data protection and security, which mean they can only use your data to provide services to us and to you, and for no other purposes.
OTHER THIRD PARTIES
- in processing your order we may send your details to and use information from credit reference and fraud prevention agencies;
- if we or our business are acquired by a third party when our customers’ personal data will be transferred to the buyer;
- If we have to disclose in order to comply with a legal obligation;
- in order to enforce or apply the terms of our contract with you; or
- to protect the rights, property, or safety of Jack Wills, our customers, or others.
HOW LONG WILL WE KEEP YOUR INFORMATION?
We will retain your personal information no longer than is necessary for the purpose we obtained it for thereby reducing the risk that it will become inaccurate, out of date or irrelevant. Information that is no longer needed will be securely deleted. Different retention periods apply for different types of data, however the longest we will normally hold any personal data is 6 years.
WHAT ARE THE CONSEQUENCES OF FAILING TO PROVIDE PERSONAL INFORMATION OR WITHDRAWING CONSENT?
If you fail to provide certain information when requested:
- We may not be able to fulfil your orders or perform other aspects of any contract we have entered into with you
- We may be prevented from complying with our legal obligations
- You may not be able to participate in the interactive aspects of our site.
INFORMING US OF CHANGES
It is important that the personal information we hold about you is accurate and current. Please keep us informed if your personal information changes during your relationship with us.
CHANGE OF PURPOSE
We will only use your personal information for the purposes for which we collected it, unless we reasonably consider that we need to use it for another reason and that reason is compatible with the original purpose. If we need to use your personal information for an unrelated purpose, we will notify you and we will explain the legal basis which allows us to do so. Please note that we may process your personal information without your knowledge or consent where this is required or permitted by law.
We would like to send you information about our products and services which may be of interest to you. If you have signed up for an account with us whilst making an online purchase or consented to receive marketing in any other way, you may opt out at a later date. You have a right at any time to stop us from contacting you for marketing purposes. If you no longer wish to be contacted for marketing purposes, you can unsubscribe at the foot of every email or contact us at email@example.comWeb Banner Advertising - If you visit our site, you may receive personalised banner advertisements whilst browsing other websites. These will relate to products you have viewed whilst browsing our site on your computer or other devices. These advertisements are provided by us via specialist providers using ‘cookies’ placed on your computer or other devices. You can remove or disable cookies at any time - see our cookie poilcy for further information.
WHAT ARE YOUR RIGHTS?
Right of access - You have the right to obtain confirmation that your data is being processed and access to your personal data. You can make a request by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or in writing.
In most cases we will provide a copy of the information free of charge. However, we may charge a reasonable administration fee when a request is manifestly unfounded or excessive or to comply with requests for further copies of the same information although this does not mean that we will charge for all subsequent access requests.
We must without delay and in any event within 1 month of your request (subject to extensions in some cases):
- confirm what personal data we hold about you;
- provide a copy of the data in commonly used electronic form; and
- provide any supporting explanatory materials.
We can extend the time to respond by a further two months where requests are complex or numerous. If this is the case, we will inform you of this within one month of the receipt of the request and explain why the extension is necessary.
Where requests are obviously unfounded or excessive we can refuse to respond. In such cases, we will, within one month, explain why and will inform you of your right to complain to our Supervisory Authority and to pursue a legal remedy.
Data portability – in addition to your access right you can require us to provide a copy of your information that we hold in a commonly used machine readable format
Rights of Correction and Erasure (“right to be forgotten”) You may ask us to correct or remove information you think is inaccurate.
RIGHT TO WITHDRAW CONSENT OR RESTRICT PROCESSING
Processing for marketing purposes - You may object, at any time, to the processing of your personal data for direct marketing purposes. When you register and every time we get in touch with you, we will offer you the opportunity to opt-out of any service to which you have subscribed. Any e-mail we send you will contain an easy automated opt-out.
Processing for our legitimate interest - You can object to any processing which is for our legitimate interests or those of a third party in which case, the processing must stop, unless there are compelling legitimate grounds for the processing which override your rights, or where the processing is necessary in relation to legal action.
You can raise an objection, withdraw consent or restrict processing by email to email@example.com
AUTOMATED DECISION MAKING
You will not be subject to decisions that will have a significant impact on you based solely on automated decision-making unless we have a lawful basis for doing so and we have notified you. We do not envisage that any decisions will be taken about you using automated means, however we will notify you in writing if this position changes.
HOW WE KEEP YOUR INFORMATION SECURE
We use Secure Server Software (SSL) to ensure that personal information, including credit card details, remains private and secure. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential.
We will maintain appropriate safeguards to ensure the security, integrity and privacy of your information and will take reasonable steps to try to ensure that third parties to whom we transfer any of your information will provide sufficient protection of that information.
Cookies are text files placed on your computer to collect standard internet log information and visitor behaviour information. This is used to track visitor use of the website and to compile statistical reports. For further information visit www.aboutcookies.org or www.allaboutcookies.org. You can set your browser not to accept cookies and the websites mentioned tell you how to remove cookies from your browser. However, in a few cases some of our website features may not function as a result.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. Please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these. Please make sure you are happy with these policies before you submit personal data to these organisations via their websites.
HOW TO CONTACT US